Peter Pištek is teaching and research assistant with PhD. at Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies of Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava where he is now vice-dean for bachelor study and study promotion.
Peter is also leader of join laboratory with private sector: FIIT-Molpir. The laboratory is focused on IT in automotive industry, mostly focused on transport of persons (in taxis, buses or trains) and more than 30 student’s projects were solved here. In cooperation with our commercial partner, several of these projects were deployed as commercial products:
- Multimedia System in Taxi
- Focused on passengers who are already in the taxi (different scope to Hopin, Uber etc. which are trying to obtain taxi cab for potential passenger).
- Deployed in Prague (thanks to commercial partner).
- GPS in Tourist Buses
- Focused on city tourist buses.
- Audio files are played according to movement of a bus.
- Direction matters.
- Overlap of zones (one audio is still playing and audio for another POI should start) is managed.
- Deployed in Vienna.
- FunCan: Monitor CAN Data from All Your Vehicles
- Via remote configuration it is possible to choose important type of date from CAN bus (can vary and be set different from car to car).
- All chosen data are sent to remote server.
- Data are collected until internet connection is available.
- Newest project: be soon deployed to praxis.